Though they’re often overlooked, grease traps are an essential part of every commercial kitchen. Without one, all of the fats, oils and grease (FOG) would pollute the sewer system, cause clogs or even result in health code violations.
As you can imagine, grease traps accumulate quite a bit of buildup over time. This means they need to be thoroughly cleaned to ensure they work properly and don’t become hotbeds for nasty bacteria. Continue reading to learn more about grease trap cleaning in Toledo, OH.
How often should grease traps be cleaned?
Not all grease traps require the same cleaning schedule. Here are a few of the things to take into account:
- Unit size: The size of your grease trap should be directly correlated to the size of your kitchen and the types of foods you’re cooking. For example, if you have a large industrial kitchen and you cook a lot of fried foods, your grease trap should be quite large. These larger grease traps don’t need to be cleaned as often, but they require quite a bit of work when they are cleaned, as there’s typically a lot of buildup.
- Usage: Again, if your grease trap is continuously used during each shift, you’ll need to have it cleaned more frequently than one that’s rarely utilized. During your next grease trap cleaning, our professionals can recommend a schedule based on how much you use your grease trap.
- Additives: One way you can cut back on the need for cleaning is by using additives in your grease trap. Additives can control odors and cut back on the buildup from FOG and other substances in the grease trap. Be careful when using additives, however, as some types are banned for being harmful to the environment.
Why hire our team for cleaning?
You could potentially have a staff member clean your grease traps, but that’s not the best idea. Here are a few good reasons to choose our team at Ace Diversified Services for grease trap cleaning in Toledo, OH:
- Thorough cleaning: When you call our professionals to clean your grease trap, you can rest easy knowing that the job will be well done, and your trap will be good as new! We use the most effective methods for cleaning, including power washers, to remove all of that nasty buildup.
- Service when you need it: One of the best parts about working with us is that we’re accommodating for your schedule. Whether you need your grease trap cleaned weekly, monthly or annually, we’ll be on the scene to get the job done.
- Affordable rates: Though it’s an essential part of operating a kitchen, grease trap cleaning shouldn’t cost a fortune. Our services are cost efficient for any restaurant owner.
If it’s been a while since you’ve hired someone for grease trap cleaning in Toledo, OH, then be sure to give Ace Diversified Services a call. One of our pros can come at your convenience to ensure your grease traps are functioning at their best.
Categorised in: Professional Grease Trap Cleaning