Is It Time for Septic Pumping in Toledo, OH?
No one looks forward to septic pumping, but it’s one of the less fun facts of life when you have a septic system in Toledo, OH. Septic tanks are underground wastewater treatment facilities, and they’re usually used in rural areas where it wouldn’t make sense to have a centralized sewer system. The tank allows water, oils, grease and organic matter to separate. The wastewater (effluent) is then allowed to either trickle into the soil, or it’s pumped out. The soil will then treat the water, and it then becomes groundwater. Meanwhile, the solids are eventually broken down over time by bacteria.
How do you know when your septic tank is full?
Your septic tank may fill up, and a gross smell is not always the first sign of trouble. Here are some other indicators to watch for:
- Pooling water or spongy ground: Your septic tank is buried underground, usually in a yard. If you see pooling water around your home, and it hasn’t been raining, the tank’s piping may be clogged. Spongy ground can also be a sign of clogs.
- Slow drains: Slow drains in your household could be a sign of a clogged sink—but if you’ve tried a septic-friendly drain cleaner and they’re still slow, it might just be time to get your septic tank pumped.
- Something stinks: This is the sign most people immediately recognize, but it’s not always present! If there’s a foul odor outside, you’re probably smelling the wastewater from your family’s laundry, dishes and, of course, the toilet. Ew!
- A strangely healthy lawn: Is there a bright and maybe even spongy green section of your lawn, right over where your septic tank is buried? Your green thumb isn’t selective to that area—it’s more likely a sign that it’s time to call Ace Diversified Services for septic pumping in Toledo, OH.
- Sewer backup: Anytime you see a sewer backup, that’s a red flag. Look at the lowest drains in your home. If you see backup anywhere, call to have your septic system pumped immediately.
- Extreme weather: If your area has undergone heavy rain and/or flooding, this can also cause your septic tank to flood. If you suspect that your tank might be full of rainwater (or worse), the problem needs to be addressed immediately.
Whenever you notice any of these issues, don’t hesitate to call right away. Having a backed-up septic system can have devastating ramifications for the overall health of your property. We also caution you not to drive over your drain field, as that can cause additional issues for your system.
Let the experts help with your septic tank
Need assistance pumping or maintaining your septic tank? Ace Diversified Services is the premier source for septic pumping in Toledo, OH. With over 50 years of experience and a proven track record for customer service, we can make sure your system is running as good as new. Call us for a free estimate and to find out how Ace Diversified Services can help you!
Categorised in: Septic Tanks